Software Engineer / Application Developer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This Senior Software Engineer / VB.NET Developer will analyze complex business and functional requirements and design the simplest possible solution consistent with existing frameworks and patterns. They will produce clean, reliable, high-quality, well-commented code that conforms to our standards.|
Working in an Agile environment, this senior-level Developer will work with the project team, business stakeholders, and other staff to support, extend and enhance business software systems.
• Create system specifications to meet business requirements
• Develop VB.Net applications and solutions for company objectives and projects.
• Work jointly with database analyst to assure data relationships are established according to business rules and policy.
• Participate in establishing and maintaining technology based best practices.
• Work with team members to identify potential risks in application design and delivery.
• Perform product maintenance and bug fixes
• Assist with the implementation of new product features
• Analyze system logs and alerts for signs of problems and recommend improvements
• Provide assistance with release and quality assurance testing
• Provide on-call support as needed
• Other related duties as directed
• Execute performance and load tests on applications to identify and resolve problems.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining development, test, and production environments.
• Provide production support as needed for mission critical applications. This may include support beyond typical business hours and include communication with business users.
• Strong experience with VB.Net
• Strong knowledge of the .NET Framework and conversational familiarity with design patterns
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, stored procedures and views)
• Strong understanding of common design patterns
• Experience developing systems using OOP/OOAD principles.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Able to independently provide solutions for problems and issues, recommending upgrades, enhancements, priorities and strategic technology directions based on independent research, consultation and analysis
• Extensive experience in building web services using the .NET Framework.
• Strong knowledge of source control tools
• Experience in using and configuring Visual Studio Team System/ Team Foundation Server
• Experienced in developing design artifacts based on UML notation preferred
• Experienced in using application frameworks.
• Expert understanding of relational database concepts.
• A degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience in a development position
• 5 years of experience working in design and development of based software solutions.
• 5 years of experience with .NET Object Oriented programming experience.
• 5 years of experience with relational databases and SQL.
• Strong knowledge of VB.NET and ASP.NET, OOP, Win Forms.
• Strong knowledge of Web services
• Strong technical software related problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrable technical documentation skills to communicate design exercises and decisions.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
• Experience in the health care field desired
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum methodology environment is preferred
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Integrity and Trust
• Learning Quickly
• Working Independently
• Listening Skills
• Driving for Results
• Peer Relationships
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.